Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Happy First Birthday, Winnie The Pooh

Dear Winnie,
Happy first birthday, sweet girl.

You are the last baby we will have and the fact that this is the last first birthday we will celebrate for our kids has been like a lump in my throat all day. Seriously, how can you possibly be one already? Wasn't I just counting down the days until you would start eating food, or counting the months I had left of breastfeeding? Here we are - you eating anything and everything and showing no signs of stopping nursing. I just can't figure out how it goes so fast. "The days are long, the years are short" - it's startlingly true.

You have been walking for six weeks now and going down the stairs for about 3 weeks. Determined is the word I use to describe you. You climb in and out and on and off and up and down everything. You are not afraid and you are so strong. You climb the ladder and get onto the trampoline and you turned around and slid down the slide on your belly a few days ago, as though it was no big deal. You get bumps and bruises all the time but you don't let them slow you down. You currently have a healing goose egg on your forehead, a purple eye lid and a small red dot on each cheek. I only know for sure how one of them happened.

You have gotten incredibly chatty over the last month, babbling non-stop mixed in with words that we are pretty sure are real.
Mama
Dada
Yes
Whats that?
This
Hi dada (so cute, holding an old phone up to your ear)

You don't sleep all night - some nights not even close, others a bit better. Um, could you just start doing that soon please and thank you?!
You follow me everywhere I go and then sit or stand at my feet. You just like to be in close proximity to me most of the time. You don't usually need anything, you just like me to be there.
You still love a good snuggle. You lean in for the sweetest hugs and pat my back as we hug. I about burst from the sweetness of it.
You like to give kisses - they are very....slobbery.
You smile and giggle very easily for us. For others? Stone faced. You are a seriously tough nut to crack. But when you do? Your giggle is so stinkin' cute.
Every single diaper change is a wrestling match. It's actually not that fun, just so you know.
Dad says your favorite place to play is the stairs. I say your favorite thing to play with is stuffies, you just walk around hugging and kissing them and talking to them.
You make a run for any open door you see. Nobody is going to cage Winnie in.

You weighed 19lbs exactly at your one year check up. You really are small and it's almost bizarre watching all that you are capable of because it just seems like you shouldn't be able to do any of them given your size. You are this tiny little fierce walking machine.

We love you so so much little girl. I could never have imagine anything better than our life with you. You have a connection with both Maizey and Jace that is all you guys. It's different with both of them and it's all yours. It's amazing to watch. THEY love you so so so much. Sometimes a little too much and a little too touchy - they can't leave you alone literally ever. I think it pisses me and Dad off more than it does you. You admire them in a way I could only have dreamed about. Lets just hope this keeps up for years to come!

Happy first birthday sweet girl. I can't wait to watch how you grow and change and turn into the bigger kid you are going to be. I want to hear your voice and see you shine. Hopefully when we are both a bit more rested. haha - barely kidding.
We love you Winnie The Pooh (Winnie the pooper, Lady, ladybug), more than you will ever know.
Love,
Mama and Daddy.
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment